According to Article 80 of the Constitution of the Central African Republic, the State oversees the protection of the environment, the regimes of domains, lands, forestry, petroleum and mining.
The Institutional framework for natural resource management and environmental governance is comprised of the following ministries:
- The Ministry of Environment and Ecology
- The Ministry of Water, Forests, Wildlife and Fishing
- The Ministry of Mines, Energy and Hydrology
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- The Ministry of Planning, Economics and International Cooperation